James Z31 Engine Blueprinting

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
85_Z31
Committee Members

Re: James Z31 Engine Blueprinting

Postby 85_Z31 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:35 pm

VK56DETT you say ?

It’s got plenty of grunt to enjoy, just needs to work. Aiming for 250kw at the tires . With all the changes I think it’s going to need a proper dyno tune. Don’t want to wreck my new motor
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30

2 doors
Committee Members

Postby 2 doors » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:09 am

Omg sure looks professional the way your going about that engine build.

85_Z31
Committee Members

Postby 85_Z31 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks Warrick - i appreciate the comments . Its quite time consuming and i wouldn't be able to do this without having some machining skills / being comfortable with micrometers and dial gauges

For me its mental stimulation and my relaxing time Work is very stressful and its nice to spend the evenings doing this.

Ive made a rod balancing jig but hit a wee snag so that needs some adjustment or i need to try another set of precision scales. The plan is to send the pistons for coating, once this has taken place i need to re weigh and then do the piston balancing. Then once i figure out how to get my rod big and small ends weights to repeat i can do that balancing and send the weights to the bloke who will balance the crank.

As it turns out the Guy in Greta vally is who Bart & his Dad use ( so i know im in good hands ). and they will do the crank , flywheel and clutch together.

all of this combined with my upgrade high flow oil pump should give me a 7000rpm capable V6.

It might be a while before i get back to this, just bought my 100 series VX Landcruiser and it wasn't cheap. The bonus is i don't have any more time pressure to finish the z - I can do it right and take my time.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30

datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Postby datsunboy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:05 pm

Awesome work James

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!

Return to “Members Rides & Projects”