Well, I have updated plenty on Facebook but I guess I should upload here for prosperity or what not.
I sorted out the brakes and clutch which gave me a bit of grief.
* Datsport lowering springs
* new lights
* 2000cc injectors
* BPP billet fuel rail and Tomei fuel reg
* Chris Gormanly comer down and installed a P11 Primera pedal and accelerator cable.
* had brand new seat belts installed.
* a new 6 put paddle clutch (so engine back out)
* new ARP flywheel bolts
* gearstick and bushes thanks to John
* new longer wheel studs in the front (what a prick to seperate the 280zx front hubs and disc)
* a bunch of wiring. Failed with the lights, still not going.
* took car in for initial cert check. Came back with a fairly short list!
* took car to Geoff at NZ Wiring and Performance to have the Link Monsoon wired in.
* took the car to Prestige Performance and Tuning for tyro tuning. Had low oil pressure so only a few runs
* removed 2000cc injectors and replaced with 1000cc injectors
* pulled sump and pickup off, tried to pull front cover off with oil pump. Failed so hammered out the dent in sump, adjusted pickup mesh and primed the pump with vaseline. Plugged in laptop and run car up to temp and logged oil pressure. All good!
* took car back in for more tuning. Cooler wasn't doing shit but still made 230kw and 386Nm of torque at rear wheels. Need to sort out cooler.
Watch one of the early pulls here: https://youtu.be/hYlNq7SE0Cw
* fitted a rear sway bar.
* took right rear r31 caliber in to be rebuilt because the piston wasn't moving in with handbrake lever.
* took car in for wheel alignment, rear is all up the wahoo so organised to have the Datsport rear adjustable kit installed.
Lots of other shit was done. Many late nights. Car is rough as but hopefully running soon. I had planned to push ahead with the car after Nats but lack of motivation and plenty of other things on the go at the moment means waiting another month or so.
Not far to go now!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.